The Universal Recipient
- 4% of the United States population is AB+.
- Only patients with AB+ can receive AB+.
- AB plasma can be used for any patient but is especially needed for emergencies, for babies, and for those with weakened immune systems.
- Preferred donation methods: plasma and platelet.
- Type AB+ can receive any blood type.
DID YOU KNOW? If you have AB+ blood, you are automatically eligible to earn exclusive rewards by donating as part of our Rapid Response Team.
Social Media Resources
Click on the images below that you would like to download, then right click and select "Save image as" to use on your social media pages!
Social Media Graphic