the least common
- Just 1% of the United States population is AB-.
- Only patients with AB positive or negative can receive AB- red cells.
- AB plasma can be used for any patient but is especially needed for emergencies, for babies, and for those with weakened immune systems.
- Preferred donation methods: plasma and platelet.
- Anyone can receive AB- plasma and platelets!
- Type AB- can receive negative types A, AB, B and O which is only 18% of the population.
DID YOU KNOW? If you have AB- blood, you are automatically eligible to earn exclusive rewards by donating as part of our Rapid Response Team.
Social Media Resources
Click on the images below that you would like to download, then right click and select "Save image as" to use on your social media pages!
Social Media Graphic